Free games for your PC, try all of them at least once! There's absolutely no reason not to.
This list is not for shareware or "abandonware" titles, but for games that are genuinely free so you can be both a cheapass and a righteous snob about it.
As more MMO Games go free-to-play, they are technically "freeware," but they're pretty specific, and you can't play them anymore if the company servers go away. These recommendations are for games that are free and are for single-player or LAN parties.
Choose Your DestinyEdit
- Adventure games (includes survival horror)
- Beat 'Em Up games
- Fighting games
- FPS games (includes 6DoF shooters)
- Platformer games (includes action-adventure, metroidvania, run n gun)
- Puzzle games
- Racing games
- Rhythm games
- Role Playing games (includes Action-RPG, roguelike)
- Shoot 'Em Up games (includes artillery games, top-down arena shooters, rail / tube shooters, space trading shooters)
- Simulation games
- Strategy games
- Visual Novels
- Others (includes multi-genre compilations, casual games, experimental / art games, retro games)
- Abandonia The absolute motherload of PC games with expired/unused copyrights, a.k.a. Abandonware (not all will contain the original music though)
- The Freehare Moderated list of freeware games maintained by someone who actually plays and rates all the games before listing them.
- How to download online flash games for playing offline
- Something Awful had threads about freeware games; non-paywall archives have Games 1-500 Games 501-1000 Games 1001-1500
- Smashing Magazine list of flash games
- TIGsource Indie Game Database is busted, try their blog instead
- 235 free indie games in 10 minutes and more short-attention-span showcases
- Experimental Gameplay
- Dev-Fire-GD A free program that lets you view a list of 100+ freeware games, updated weekly, with info on each aswell as their relevant site and youtube videos. Games range from 500kb to 500mb aswell as quality but within the mess of clones and guff are some real gems.
- HardcoreGaming101's forum has a thread about freeware.
- The FreeBundle, imitating the Humble Indie Bundle, but it's free games looking for exposure instead of cheap games looking for pennies.
- http://itch.io/ is a site for mostly smaller games but ranges from free experiments to full paid masterpieces, highlights include Succulent ( http://radiatoryang.itch.io/succulent ) in which you act out your secret dreams, Stick Shift is a game were you pleasure a car and the best youtube 'lets play' simulator: GAME OF THE YEAR: 420BLAZEIT vs. xxXilluminatiXxx [wow/10 #rekt edition] Montage Parody The Game.